Welcome to the website of GRACEH 2014!
GRACEH (Graduate Conference in European History) is a joint-venture between the Central European University, the European University Institute and the University of Vienna. The conference takes place annually at these three universities on a rotating basis. The main aim is to enable postgraduate students not only from these institutions but also from other institutions to discuss their ideas and works-in-progress with their peers, and receive feedback from senior academics. The history departments of the CEU, EUI and the University of Vienna have a strong comparative and transnational element which is reflected in the themes of the conferences.
The 8th GRACEH is entitled The State in European History: Ideas, Norms and Practices from Early Modern Times to the Present will be hosted by the Department of History and Civilisation at the European University Institute in Florence on 8-10 May 2014.
You can read the Call for Papers here.
You can also follow us on Twitter for more information and reminders @GRACEH2014
- Vedran Duančić
- Tetiana Onofriichuk
- Andrea Talabér
Academic Advisory Board:
- Laura Downs, Professor of Gender History, EUI
- Pieter M. Judson, Professor of 19th and 20th Century History, EUI
- 2007, Budapest: “New Histories of Politics”
- 2008, Berlin: “Ruptures and Continuities in Modern European History”
- 2009, Florence: “Migration and Movement in European History”
- 2010, Budapest: “Biography and Identity: Dilemmas and Opportunities”
- 2011, Florence: “Transfers and demarcations”
- 2012, Vienna: “Transformation in European history. Preconditions – Processes – Perceptions”
- 2013, Budapest: “Historians in Space”